Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service involves stashing and/or sharing particular content on a web server hosted by a hosting company. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's review these. In this way, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you'd like to own a site, e-mail accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service made available by various web hosts, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage services are frequently supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a particular interval of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely incongruous explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would distribute the tasks at hand between different stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web site hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific corporations provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you would like to share a vast number of pics with chums or associates since the solution is usually free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your mails. Some firms provide web site hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you wish to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred site visitors, you may have a hard time with your website hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will permit you to possess as many video clips as you want without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to possess a website. To a certain extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and email accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Primesite Hosting, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for specific content only.